Santa Monica, CA-
People who are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness includes:
- Older adults (65+)
- Individuals with compromised immune systems
- Cancer Patients: active chemotherapy or radiation
- Patients on immunosuprressant medications (steriod drugs, some biologic drugs)
- Individuals who have serious congenital or aquired chronic medical conditions like:
- Heart disease
- Lung diseases (Asthma, COPD, ect.)
If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or health condition, it is important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease, including:
- Isolate at home and practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay away from large gatherings and crowds.
- Consider ways of getting food brought to your house through family, social, or commercial networks.
For more information about treatment of your chronic conditions such as Asthma, Allergies, or Atopic Dermatitis during this time visit our website at www.SneezeWheeze.com, or reach us by telephone: (310)828-8534 or by e-mail: FrontOffice@allergyandclinical.com
Dora Afrahim, MPAP, PA-C
Allergy & Clinical Immunology Medical Group
*Information directly from California Department of Public Health